Inspire your child’s sense of wonder, and your own, with a family vacation or weekend getaway to San Diego’s Fairmont Grand Del Mar resort. Saddle up for family time on the trails. Take on Tom Fazio together. And dive into adventure with your favorite explorers at our sparkling pools or the nearby Pacific Ocean. Your Grand Moments will soon become cherished family traditions.
- Pool Time! Family and children’s pools feature underwater music, white sand seating areas, and food & beverage service.
- Discover the beauty of Los Peñasquitos Canyon with a guided hike with one of our knowledgeable naturalist.
- Hit the courts for a family tennis lesson, including a variety of fun games and music.
- Enjoy a great time at the beach — let us drop you off and set you up with beach chairs, umbrellas, beach towels and bottled water.
- Explorer’s Club (for guests 5-12 years of age)
CHILDREN’S DINING PROGRAMS
Little ones will find something that suits their appetite with special children’s menus at Amaya, the Resort Pool, The Clubhouse Grill, and in the comfort of your guestroom.
- With the Explorer-In-Training Dining Program, children 5 years of age and under eat for free when ordering from the Amaya children’s menu or when dining from the buffet when accompanied by a registered adult guest. The Explorer-In-Training Dining Program is only available at Amaya. This offer is not valid at Addison, The Clubhouse Grill, Cent’ Anni Cafe, Poolside or In-Room Dining.
- With the Grand Explorer Dining Program, children 6-12 years of age can order from the Amaya or The Clubhouse Grill menu and receive a 50% discount when accompanied by a registered adult guest. The Grand Explorer Dining Program is only available at Amaya and The Clubhouse Grill. This offer is not valid at Addison, Cent’ Anni Cafe, Poolside or In-Room Dining.
Children’s dining programs are extended to registered resort guests only. For more details, please inquire with your server.
Visual media, creative outlets and environmental endeavors await children at the Explorer’s Club, where your little adventurers can discover the great outdoors – or indoors. With the latest gaming systems, movies, arts & crafts, a variety of exciting outdoor activities and more.
In addition to traditional games like foosball, ping pong, air hockey and board games, children can play the latest video games for Nintendo Wii, Kinect for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. A floor-to-ceiling Seawall offers additional interactive fun with a state-of-the-art plasma mural that illuminates life under the sea. Rounding out the entertainment options are fully stocked arts and crafts stations with themed creative projects, from designing a reusable shopping backpack to alfresco watercolor painting.
Explorer’s Club is open to children 5-12 years of age. Children under 5 years of age may participate when accompanied by an adult. $15 per hour per child
Inspired by the resort’s setting and in the spirit of adventure, Explorer’s Club offers special four-hour and eight-hour explorations for children ages 5 to 12.
9:00 am – 12:30 pm: Crafts and Activities
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm: Lunch
1:00 pm – 5:00 pm: Crafts and Activities
After 5:00 pm: Games, Movies and Dinner
$50, four hours | $90, eight hours
Pricing is for consecutive use and includes lunch and/or dinner at specified times.
Hours of Operation
July – August: Daily, 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
Friday – Saturday, 9:00 am – 10:00 pm
Sunday – Thursday, by appointment with 24 hours’ notice
Holiday hours will vary
Reservations: 858 314 1957
GOLF – FAMILY & JUNIOR
Schedule a day on San Diego’s only Tom Fazio golf course with complimentary green fees for children 12 years of age and under when accompanied by an adult, or half-price green fees for youths (ages 13-17). Or, develop your budding golfer’s skills at The Grand Junior Golf Academy.
Junior Varsity Golf Clinic
Fridays, 4:00 pm – 5:30 pm
Junior golfers learn the fundamentals of grip, posture, weight shift, speed and course etiquette. Golf attire is required.
$50 per child (ages 5 – 12), includes rental clubs
Reservations: 858 314 1930
Make it a mother-daughter day at the salon. From manicures and pedicures to hair styling and makeup, the salon offers a broad array of services to make you look as radiant as you feel. Spa guests must be at least 18 years of age. However, younger guests are welcome in the salon.
Private toddler and babysitting services may also be arranged through the Concierge at 858 314 1988.